Part-time/full-time position available for Sweeper Truck Operator based out of our main office in Port Kells.
Experience operating a regenerative air or vacuum model sweeper truck a definite asset. Training will be provided.
- Applicant must have a Class 5 License (or higher) with Air Brake Endorsement
- Clean driving record with abstract supplied is required
- No history of drug or alcohol related convictions in the past 10 years
- Must be able to understand, speak, read, write and communicate in English
- Must be able to follow written and verbal directions (including this job post)
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Lower Mainland highways and roads
- Must be able to read maps
- Must have smart phone with 12V auto charger and capability to send, receive and save text messages including picture messages (company will supplement phone bill)
- Must be 6'2" or under
- Must be 250 lbs. or under (sweeper trucks are custom built - large people just do not fit)
- Must be able to climb in and out of large trucks up to 50+ times per shift
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. on a frequent basis
- Must be able to operate heavy duty leaf blowers
- Must have basic mechanical knowledge and skills for minor roadside troubleshooting and repairs
- Must have the ability to work independently - customer service skills, organizational skills, logical thinking and a positive attitude are required
- Must be able to work long hours
- The job requires employees to sit for long periods of time in the cab of the sweeper truck
- The job requires employees to work outside in all weather conditions
- Employees are required to complete daily paperwork, including timesheets, customer signoff sheets, pre-trip inspections, driver logs
- Afternoon/evening /night/weekend shifts are common for our business
- We run 24/7 and will ALWAYS say yes to a call for our services
If you possess the qualifications above AND what you have read interest you then please respond with your resume and contact us at your earliest opportunity. We are always looking for new employees to add value to our team.